Covid-19 UpdateView All News
"YOUR WELL-BEING IS OUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY"
With the recent announcement of our government, media and information bulletins that are existing around the Covid-19 outbreak we wanted to let you know what we are doing at the Dunedin Casino to protect our guests and staff from a health, safety and security perspective. As a business this is our highest priority.
Updated Thursday 14 May, 2020:
We're pleased to welcome you back to Dunedin Casino during COVID-19 Alert Level 2.
We have prepared and implemented a robust health and safety plan in accordance with Government compliance to ensure you, our suppliers and all staff feel safe and welcome.
We look forward to entertaining you from noon, Thursday 14 May, 2020.
Over the period of closure we have made some changes to the way we operate. Opening hours are included here, and we will now be Open from 12pm daily till late.
How we're looking after you:
The wellbeing and safety of our guests, and our staff, is paramount. To keep you safe while you're visiting Dunedin Casino during Alert Level 2, we've implemented the following measures to help minimise the spread of any virus.
- Implemented physical distancing measures across our facility.
- Increased our cleaning activities to ensure more frequent cleaning of surfaces. Increased the availability of hand sanitisers to staff and guests.
- Trained our employees in what is required to keep themselves and you safe.
- Implemented visitation registers to assist with contact tracing (when you visit, please ensure you follow staff instructions around this)
Please ensure you:
- Don't enter if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
- Use the available hand sanitisers located around our precinct.
- Maintain a physical distance from other people wherever possible.
- Continue safe hygiene practices and cough etiquette. Avoid handshaking, hugs and hongi.
For further current information on COVID-19 please visit www.health.govt.nz or call Healthline on 0800 611 116.
Updated Tuesday 28 April, 2020:
Following the announcement from the New Zealand Government, in response to restricting and eliminating COVID-19, Dunedin Casino will remain closed throughout the Alert Level 3 with the aim of re-opening at Alert Level 2.
In the meantime we are focusing on preparing to re-open with health & safety measures being put in place to ensure the health of our team, suppliers and customers.
We look forward to entertaining you again soon.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Monday 23 March, 2020
Following the announcement from the New Zealand Government, in response to restricting and eliminating COVID-19, Dunedin Casino will be closed from Monday 23 March until further notice.
Our thoughts are with everyone working through this situation and we thank our team and loyal customers for the continued support and we look forward to entertaining you again soon.
Stay safe, be kind and look out for one another.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Action on Indoor Gatherings & Events to Protect Public Health
“Today the Government has reinforced its commitment to protecting the health of New Zealanders from COVID-19 through the cancellation of indoor events with more than 100 people.”
DR. DAVID CLARK
This means that 100 people including staff can be on the gaming floor at once. We have set our patronage limit to 75. Once we hit capacity you will be required to wait until someone leaves before you may enter. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.
We are monitoring all bulletins emanating from the Ministry of Health Covid-19, Otago Chamber and other parties to ensure that we are covering all bases and adjusting our policy and procedures immediately.
We are ensuring that we commit to a very rigorous hygiene and cleaning programme throughout our operational times. To this point, the following has been implemented effective immediately:
- We have distributed hand sanitisers around our venue that can be located at: Guest Services, Cash Desk, Bar Area and at our tables and encourage you to use this when you visit us.
- Our Housekeeping and Staff will be sanitising the entire floor prior to opening and again during our shift change at 7pm. Throughout the day our staff will clean all surfaces including slots, chairs, tables, and any surface that the public touches throughout the day and night and until close.
- We have suspended serving food at the slot machines and returned this to the bar/restaurant area to be extra cautious.
- We have removed cups from the floor for the vending coffee. All forks and knives will be placed on tables once seated. You may receive a cup from our Bar area if you wish to use the vending machine, but it is to minimize possible contamination.
- You will see signs placed all around our venue reinforcing that if you are unwell then we ask that you do not enter.
- Our staff have also been told that if they are unwell, they are to stay away from work.
Finally, we know that we have the best club in the world and that you all get on so well but please make sure you do the following during this period:Cleaning Hands – Please clean your hand with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and then thoroughly dry by using the hand sanitiser.
- Covering Nose and Mouth – If sneezing or coughing please make sure you to so into a tissue or a flexed elbow to avoid spreading this. Please also dispose of the tissue ASAP after doing so.
- Avoid touching - our eyes, nose and mount and avoid hand contact such has shaking one hand or patting someone’s arm or back.
Most importantly if you are unwell and experiencing flu like symptoms that start with a sore throat please self-isolate and do not come to the Casino and telephone the free helpline – 0800-348-5453 or contact your personal doctor.