Over $5000 raised for I AM HOPEView All News
A collaborative fundraising initiative by Otago Cricket and Dunedin Casino in rasing funds and awareness for I AM HOPE mental health and well-being charitable organisation.
On Waitangi Day, Saturday 6 February, Dunedin Casino in collaboration with Otago Cricket raised a collective $5,133.00 in support of I AM HOPE.
A few ways in which we raised funds for I Am Hope:
- The Dunedin Casino will donate $5 for every ticket sold at the gate for the game.
- Otago Cricket will donate $20 for every six and $10 for every 4 hit by an Otago Cricket Player across both the women’s and men’s game
- Otago Cricket will also have “bin” of pre-loved kit that people can help themselves ($5 min donation)
- Donations Buckets at the Entrance to the game along with volunteers walking around collecting money for I Am Hope.
- People will be encouraged to donate to the cause via the use of the QR code or by Texting leading up to and during game time
- Otago Cricket have also put up a Signed Volts Bat and Signed Volts Shirt for Silent Auction. All proceeds will go towards the I Am Hope Foundation.
I AM HOPE is an in-school, community, and workplace mental health program. The aim is to forever change the way the people of Aotearoa think, act, and feel about mental illness and mental well-being.
For more info regarding I AM HOPE, mental health and well-being go to https://www.iamhope.org.nz/