Dunedin Casinos and Club Casino Privacy Statement
- If you apply for membership of Club Casino which is operated by Dunedin Casinos then you agree to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions and privacy statements.
- We consider client confidentiality to be of utmost importance and take your privacy seriously and understand the need to keep your personal information confidential and secure. We will treat all personal information we hold about you in strict confidence and will not use it or share it unless:
(a) You agree or ask us to do so.
(b) We need to do so, so that we can provide particular products or service to you.
(c) The law requires us to provide information we hold about you to any agencies that have the powers to compel us.
- You agree that you have and will supply true, correct and accurate personal information when completing your application for Club Casino membership.
- The Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Financing of Terrorism Act (AML/CFT Act) requires Dunedin Casino to collect your personal information, such as full name, date of birth and physical address, in order to carry out customer due diligence and verify your identity:
(a) When you apply for a Club Casino card/ membership; or
(b) You seek to carry out a cash transaction of $6,000 or more (in a single transaction or several transactions that appear to be linked); or
(c) Any other circumstances.
- You authorise us to collect information about you (including customer due diligence information and credit reports), to obtain, exchange, hold, and use such information, and to make any other enquiries we think appropriate to:
- Confirm information provided to us about you is true;
- Undertake initial and ongoing customer due diligence and monitoring in accordance with the AML/CFT Act;
- Enforce debt and legal obligations (including recovery of money owed to us); and
- Comply with other legal obligations we may have.
What is the purpose of collecting personal information from you?
- Predominantly for specific marketing, which includes assessing whether we will give you a particular product or service, the provision of a monthly newsletter, exclusive and personal invitations to events and dinners and for promotional activity and competitions and so that we can communicate with you via email and/or text messages and provide you with information on any relevant promotional activity, competitions and invitations to events.
- To meet our obligations under the AML/CFT Act.
- To provide any information we hold relating to your United States Foreign Accounts Tax
- Compliance Act (FATCA) or common reporting standards (CRS) status, or other FATCA or CRS matters, to Inland Revenue and to our banks if they request information to be able to meet their FATCA or CRS obligations; and if you do not provide any such information we request, we will report your non-response and identity to our banks and Inland Revenue (who will in turn pass this information on to the relevant foreign tax authority.
- To comply with any laws in New Zealand or overseas that apply to us.
- To identify, prevent or investigate any actual or suspected fraud, unlawful activity, misconduct or threats to Dunedin Casinos.
- Data analysis including, but not limited to, understanding and improving your responsible gambling experience at Dunedin Casinos.
How do we keep your personal information confidential and secure?
- Your personal information is contained electronically in our Casino Management System (CMS), which is held on site at Dunedin Casino.
- All completed written applications will be stored in a secure locked room.
- Basic personal information such as your first and last names, Club Casino membership number and email address will be stored securely SMS Messaging.
- We also have an off-site hosted disaster recovery service, which fully maintains an image of all of our servers and information.
- We are required to keep all personal information held by Club Casino or Dunedin Casinos for a minimum period of seven years and any written and electronic information is intended to be kept indefinitely except for information that is stored electronically may be removed if we need to delete or clear our database.
Who can we give your personal information to?
Personal information we hold about you will, so far as is practicable, only be made available to our staff that are providing products or services to you.
Dunedin Casino's Board of Directors.
The Department of Internal Affairs.
The New Zealand Police.
To you if you make a request under the Privacy Act.
The Problem Gambling Service providers at your request.
Any other casinos and gaming businesses if you are or become an excluded patron.
The Ministry of Business and Innovation and Employment and the Inland Revenue Department or any other government departments or agencies that have the powers to compel us to provide information we have about you.
Before we provide any of your personal information to any government department or agency we will either require written authorisation from you agreeing to the request or the government department or agency to provide the legal basis under which the personal information can be disclosed without your authorisation having been first obtained.
What we will not do with your information
- We will not and do not sell your personal information to any other companies or organisations in New Zealand or overseas so that they can provide marketing and promotional activities to you.
Information we can give to others to comply with the laws of New Zealand or overseas
- In order to comply with the laws of New Zealand or overseas we can give information about you to help us comply with those laws and if we believe that the information will help prevent fraud, money laundering or any other crimes.
Your right to access and/or correct your personal information
- You can access or correct your personal information that you have provided to us or that we hold about you at any time via the Club desk provided you present reasonable and suitable identification.
- If requested we can provide you with information that may be held electronically at a specified email address and/or mobile number.
- We may charge you a reasonable fee to access any information that we hold about you.